Updated March 17, 2020
In accordance with the latest CDC guidance, Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas has updated his State of Emergency proclamation to disallow any gathering or events with more than 10 attendees,” the city said in a news release Tuesday.
Due to the current CDC recommendations of no gatherings of 10 or more people Westport Presbyterian Church has decided to suspend all services, church meetings, and special events at this time.
A List of cancelled/postponed events include:
- Sunday School Classes
- In person Sunday Worship Services (our services will be live streaming online)
- Special Services: Passover Seder Service, Illuminated Good Friday Service
- Choir rehearsals
- Church committee Meetings
- The Phoenix Project Youth Group
- “We Cried Power” Free Film Screening & Poor People’s Campaign Update
- WCA’s March 20 Brown Bag Concert “Bach’s Keyboard Voices” with Marian Thomas & Jan Kraybill
- Children’s Mercy Healthy Families & Ties Group Meetings
Support Group Meetings (AA, NAMI, etc.) may continue to meet at this time as long as they are able to practice recommended social distancing. Groups that usually meet in the store front may choose to meet in our Fellowship Hall so they are able to spread out more. Check with your individual group leaders to see if your group has decided to continue meeting or cancel.
For the most up to date news and information and to access live streams of Sunday Worship Services follow the Church’s Facebook page.
Updated March 13, 2020 from Westport Center for the Arts:
We are sorry to announce that due to recent concerns about preventing the spread of the COVID-19 Virus, we have decided to postpone this month’s Brown Bag Concert. We don’t want to put any of our attendees or performers at risk. Keep an eye on WCA’s Facebook page for news, as we hope to reschedule this highly anticipated concert. Stay well everyone!